Sunday, June 30, 2024

New game: "Chants of Sennaar" playthrough

New game!
I've started playing Chants of Sennaar and I'm 3 hours into it!

Chants of Sennaar came in second last year in Adventure Game Hotspot's Best Games of 2023 list. So of course, I had to play it, even moreso because the review totally appealed to me. A game where you have to translate foreign languages? Give it!

The first three translations are easy, but it sure gets harder!

It's totally mouse-controlled, so definitely point-and-click! 😉 You solve puzzles, talk to people, open doors, and sometimes even use inventory items. So yeah, point-and-click.

Sennaar refers to the region where once stood the fabled tower of Babel. Your unknown main character suddenly shows up at the bottom and needs to make their way to the top, solving puzzles to get past doors but also learning the languages of the different people inhabiting the tower. 

Who am I? And does it matter?

The lower level is inhabited by a people calling themselves "devotees". Basically they're looking for their god, and they believe it recides on the upper levels. However, the gates are barred by the people living on the next level, the "warriors" who seem to want to protect their god (similar god? different god?) from what I guess they consider infidels or even monsters.
Waterway puzzles, with an unintelligble manual... Let me at it!
After three hours I found a backdoor into the warriors' realm, having succesfully translated the entire language of the devotees meanwhile! Looking forward to explore this next level. I have a feeling it's going to be a little bit more dangerous...

No comments:

Post a Comment