Thursday, June 13, 2024

One year of reviews!!!

Today marks the one year anniversary of my first review being published on the Adventure Game Hotspot website!

(It was Know by heart... if you're interested...)

I'm so happy that after roughly 30 years of playing adventure games, I was able to sneak my way into this community, first by writing about my playthroughs on social media (thank you for inspiring me, Jeremy Hall!), then by testing games often made by solo devs (thank you for those first opportunities, Dionous Games & Tall Story Games!), then by officially reviewing them (thanks for the push in the back, Tom Hardwidge! And of course thank you both, Jack Allin and Joshua Cleveland for opening your door for me!)

I've met loads of great people these past couple of years, learned lots about game development as well, and my editor is still trying to teach me what a good review should encompass. The hardest part of the job is to put down in writing what it is about a game that makes you like or dislike it, because usually that's such a gut feeling. Like falling in love; sometimes it just doesn't make sense...

I'm currently working on my 30th review for AGH, with 28 already published on their site and linked to my very own author page!

In case you missed them, here's the list of games I played and reviewed these past twelve months (in alphabetical order):

Afterdream

Between Horizons

Blue Wednesday

Cats And The Other Lives

Champy The Useless Vampire

Chronique Des Silencieux 

Conrad Stevenson's Paranormal P.I.

Dordogne

Dreams In The Witch House

Enypnion ReDreamed

Incubus: A Ghost-hunter's Tale 

INDIKA 

Killer Frequency

Know By Heart...

The Legend Of Skye

The Mildew Children

Murder On The Orient Express 

Mythargia

The Night Is Grey

Reveil 

The Safe Place

Sanya

This Bed We Made 

Torn Away 

Twilight Oracle 

Verne: The Shape Of Fantasy

Vlad Circus: Descend Into Madness

The Wreck

No comments:

Post a Comment