Thursday, July 4, 2024

Five hours into "Chants of Sennaar" and I reached the Garden!

No more Warrior secrets for me!

I've been playing Chants of Sennaar for five hours now. The Warrior language took some more effort to decipher. The realm itself was also more dangerous. Warriors would recognize me as not one of their own, so they would come after me, knock me out and drop me back at the treshold countless times before I was able to disguise myself as one of them.

Reach for the stars!

Stealth mode is more tricky here, and you have to time it well. These sections, as well as the more regular puzzles, provide more variety in gameplay, but I don't think I would've minded if it all centered on the translations alone. But it does make more sense having to solve a puzzle for which you need the translations, in order to open a gateway to the next level.

The bell puzzle had my head ringing for a while...

During my previous session, I was able to translate all symbols before reaching the next level. Not so here. I arrived at the garden with still several unknown symbols of the Warrior language. So I backtracked and try to figure them out first. Turns out some meanings were completely different than what I had thought they would be, but of course they do make sense in the end. Sometimes it's hard to interprete gestures, or realize which element in an elaborate sketch actually refers to the word you need. So, matching symbols, correctly translated or not, to the sketches being enough to progress is actually a relief. It would be a much harder game otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment