Wednesday, July 10, 2024

"It's Grim Up North", my Adventure Game Hotspot review!

Read my full review on Adventure Game Hotspot!

Excerpt: It’s Grim Up North is flawed. There’s no getting around that. Clumsy interface, grammatical errors (and I’m not talking about the blatant slang), the protagonist walking through objects, and characters telling you to do things you’ve already done. But oh, it sure is fun anyway, init? Terry’s ad lib remarks and insults towards the other villagers, inventory puzzles that are put together logically, funny animations like Terry twirling a shotgun, and of course the hilarious combat sequences and the creative alien designs. It all fits together so well, and had me in stitches for a few hours. Those hoping for a complete game will be disappointed by the “to be continued” nature of the (non-)ending here, but as the first chapter of what I hope will become a memorable adventure-RPG hybrid series, it now has the opportunity to fix its technical issues for future episodes (and ideally patch this introductory chapter too). If not, I might start to wonder if the developers are alien imposters as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment