Monday, July 8, 2024

11 hours into "Chants of Sennaar" and I've reached the Exile!

Not the worst level of the tower to live in...

I've finished the Garden level and then reached the Galleries, realm of the scientists, or alchemists. While in the Garden, I also figured out you can assist with conversations two different people are holding with the teleportation modules. This takes the translation assignment a little further, in that grammar comes into play as well. Different people use different sentence structuring so even if you know the correct words, it's still hard to figure out in which order you have to put them.

They seem to pee a lot in the garden...

The Alchemist's level is preceded by an abandoned copper mine with a rampaging monster. You have to avoid it before you can take the elevator up, using the stealth mode in combination with a couple of levers to get more sunlight, which the monster can't stand.

Hide and seek...

I really liked the Alchemist's level, and translating seemed to go easier than in the previous levels. I think it's because 10 of the symbols referred to numbers, which were quite easy to deduce because they had actually left a measuring stick on a table somewhere, with all the symbols up to 20.

When in doubt...

This was a very interesting level because with mathematics becoming a thing, it went a bit further than translating a language. I also had to figure out which symbols mean tens, hundreds and thousands. That took me a while, but oh felt so rewarding once I got it right!

Temple of Doom moment...
So now I've reached the highest level, I assume I'm also nearing the end. I'm really wondering how it will be all tied together...

No comments:

Post a Comment