Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Finished "Chants of Sennaar" in a little over 12 hours!

Pretty grim setting, that Exile...

The finale of Chants of Sennaar totally surprised me. At first I was a bit underwhelmed by the fact that the translations in Exile were going so smoothly. There's a different gameplay elements here where you have to align the symbols of all languages on a dial, and that fills up the gaps in the Exile language.

Then I had to go back to the different levels and open up the doors I had already noticed but never had the key for. There's a lot going on here, but I'm not going the spoil it. Let's just say I didn't expect these developments.

I'm not sure I understand everything that went on in the tower, but Chants of Sennaar definitely makes my list of best games ever. This is a great example of not only a game, but a work of art. It had just the right difficulty level for me. Often you just go through the motions of solving puzzles in adventure games, but here I really got that feeling of accomplishment after figuring out the languages, similar to getting the deaths right in Return of the Obra Dinn. I can totally recommend it for people who are looking for a different challenge than the traditional point 'n clicks.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment