Thursday, March 7, 2024

New game: "A Twisted Tale" playthrough

New game!

I've started chapter one of A Twisted Tale and I'm one hour into it!

Gorgeous place! I wonder how expensive their lattes are, though...

My name's Vio. One day I'm minding my own business, cleaning up the café where I work, when suddenly I find this small Rubic cube left on one of the tables. As soon as I pick it up for a closer inspection, a vortex appears and it sucks me right in, only to spit me back out in some forest with strange looking plants and trees. The cube follows me through the portal and falls to the ground, glowing hot!

The MacGuffin of choice!

While I wait for it to cool down, I walk to the edge of the forest only to find a floating town in the clouds! I explore the town and meet a fisherman trying to catch birds, his wife Betty waiting for him as she constantly paints over her nails, a very enthusiastic turkey loving chef in a restaurant and his old lady customer needing to clean her teeth, a couple of road workers trying to keep the crumbling town together, a tattoo artist, and a very pedantic antique shop owner who just happens to have stolen my magic cube as soon as I'd turned my back!

I don't like the looks of that tentacle...

So far I love this game's style: one-click user interface to either talk, examine or pick up items. An inventory you click open with the other mouse button. A hand-drawn classic-style adventure game that will remind you of The Curse of Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Darkestville Castle, with great voice acting and cool music every step of the way.

No WAY I'd walk there in real life!!!

The first hour of this game flew by with exploration and conversation. I was able to pick up a couple of items, but I'm not really sure where I'll have to use them. I hope things will become very clear soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment