Thursday, March 21, 2024

New game: "Scott Whiskers: The Search for Mr. Fumbleclaw" playthrough

New game!

I've started Scott Whiskers: The Search for Mr. Fumbleclaw and I'm 1 hour into it!

I'm the titular Scott Whiskers, volunteer at the local animal shelter who is called in for some work, since his colleague Jack couldn't make it. Once the chores are completed, a missing cat poster calls for my attention. The cat is Mr. Fumbleclaw, and if the title of the game is anything to go by, I'll probably be looking for him for a loooong time...

Now that's one fine looking feline...

It's a cool point-and-click adventure game with 3D characters moving around in what at first glance look like pretty simple environments, but there's something curvy, optical illusiony about them. They're a bit like the realistic backgrounds of the Pendulo Studio games in a King of the Hill style, but combined with some of the geometry of Day of the Tentacle.

That's some crazy architecture...

The puzzles are pretty basic inventory puzzles, at least so far. What I noticed, and luckily very early in the game, is that you can examine hotspots multiple times, and instead of the typically repeated generic responses, Scott will have something different to say two, sometimes three times.

Hello Scott, I'll be controlling your life from now on...

If you're a friend of felines, this game is for you! If you're a canine companion, however, you better brace yourself for some dissing on dogs (not really, I just liked the alliteration :D) Scott once owned a dog he loved very much, but he's mainly concentrating on cats now, so it's all in good nature. Me, I'm a dog lover, but I don't have anything against cats, so it's definitely a fun game to play.

Yowza!

I've visited the Longbottom mansion, former home of Mr. Fumbleclaw. The lord and lady of the house are quite the characters, not to mention their daughter Susie. I finally got a lead on where the cat was last seen, so now I'm going to explore the rest of the city. Let's go on a cat quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment