![]() |
| I kinda felt like Tintin in this scene, trying to escape off the Karaboudjan. |
I thought I was nearing the end of The Hand of Glory, and then suddenly the credits started rolling indeed, but the game was far from
finished! Turned out it consists of two parts - which apparently were originally released separately back in the day - and I had only finished the
first part after my earlier investigations. During the credits of part one, I recognized a name:
Maxwell Glick! I first saw him in the LonelyGirl15 webseries several years ago,
and his character was my favorite! And I just happen to know he's always interested in doing more voice work for adventure games, in case any devs are looking for actors...
![]() |
| I'm a sucker for cute librarians... |
I must say the final scenes of part one were a bit rushed. Lars did many things automatically; it would've been better doing them yourself. There was a part where I could finally play as Alice but it was pretty dumbed down; I had to triangulate a cellphone signal on her laptop but it didn't amount to much, puzzles like that could've been made a bit more difficult. The "ending" did give the game an extra dimension, when you realize there's something more going on in this simple kidnapping case, something supernatural. So we're entering the domain of Gabriel Knight a bit.
![]() |
| I'm in Italy during part two of this game! |
I'm in
Italy now for part two and the game does take on more Broken Sword vibes here. I love how I can finally play as Alice more, that was a really fun
part. I hope the gameplay is more balanced here. Not that I don't like playing
as Lars, it's just that Alice is there so why not utilise her? Still not
sure where it all is leading too, but I'm very much enjoying the game and it
definitely doesn't feel like I've almost spent ten hours in this world; more
proof of a good game!
![]() |
| Yay, I get to play as Alice! |
You can find the The Hand of Glory on Steam and on itch.io!




No comments:
Post a Comment