![]() |
| New game! |
I've started playing Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit and I'm almost two hours into it! This is a light and colourful game with beautiful backgrounds, a quality soundtrack worthy of a blockbuster movie or captivating TV show, and a fun main character whose outfit you can even customise. One puzzle I encountered even involved putting together the right pieces of clothing.
![]() |
| May I introduce you to Milda. My customized version of her, anyway... |
I'm Milda Kovas, freelance photographer (I choice that profession from three options at the start of the game; other choices will probably influence the solutions to future puzzles) and I just inherited the house of my grandfather in Lithuania. Once there, I discover some people are after a secret gramps seemed to have been hiding, so of course I want to go after it myself first!
![]() |
| Paul Rudd would play the heck out of this character if this game ever became a movie... |
The game takes elements from Broken Sword and Secret Files to build a mystery drenched in history. I've encountered a couple of logic puzzles but the others are mostly inventory based. There is some level of interactivity added to interaction of NPC's by offering multiple ways to respond in conversations (not only in person but also by phone; calls and text messages), building your version of Milda's personality along the way.
![]() |
| I remember this house from the demo! |
Your phone also has a "notes" option where Milda keeps track of major clues, and you can combine them to make progress, but so far I haven't really had to make us of that function, other than what to pack in my suitcase during the tutorial-like opening chapter.
![]() |
| You can't tell, but my pockets are bulging with inventory items by now... |
So far the quality of the game is top notch, it's everything what I expected, I just hope the storyline keeps up and we'll see many more interesting sites. Because high quality raises expectations, so I want the ending of this game to sweep me off my feet!
![]() |
| That's Joris, he's letting me crash at his place while I'm in town. I wish I could customise his outfit too... |
You can find the Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit on Steam and on GOG!
And you can find the upcoming sequel Amber Road on Steam and GOG as well!
And you can find the upcoming sequel Amber Road on Steam and GOG as well!






No comments:
Post a Comment