Monday, August 17, 2026

"Venice After Dark", my Adventure Game Hotspot review!


Read my full review on Adventure Game Hotspot!

Excerpt: "I spent nine hours taking the vaporetto from one beautiful location to another and back again, encountering several eccentric yet loveable, well-voiced characters to help me uncover the mysteries of Venice After Dark. The supernatural elements kept the journey interesting, and I even had fun performing those visual and hearing tests. I wish I could have selected my own inventory items instead of Aiko automatically doing it for me, and I wasn’t fully sold on the abrupt late-game change in direction and final ending sequences. But the developers clearly put a lot of heart into this game, filling it with fun characters, a fair amount of puzzling, and a story exploring the pros and cons of using artificial intelligence in our society today. Overall, I enjoyed my time in this cartoony version of Venice, so much so that it succeeded in rekindling my desire to visit the city myself one day."

No comments:

Post a Comment