Monday, September 16, 2024

"Farewell North", my Adventure Game Hotspot review!


Read my full review on Adventure Game Hotspot!

Excerpt: "As I started playing Farewell North, I didn’t find it very adventurey. Sure, it was cool running around as a dog chasing a little blue light around, but the otherwise colorless setting didn’t warm my heart. Then I faced the first obstacles and things got more interesting, and even a little tricky here and there. And when I succeeded in returning color to the first island I visited, it was as if the entire game came to life for me, and the shared magical journey of Chesley and Cailey touched a chord inside me. It’s a very serious game, uncovering deep emotions, but it includes just enough comic relief, like Chesley’s interactions with the wildlife. What at first seemed little more than a cozy exploration game became something resembling a real-life adventure through a jaw-droppingly beautiful land I’d love to visit personally. The narrative builds up to a bittersweet finale through a variety of fun gameplay styles as you feel ever more invested in the deep love between woman and dog, making it ideal for animal lovers, nature fans, or anyone who could use a little more color in their own lives."


No comments:

Post a Comment